The tado° devices communicate via radio at 868 MHz using the IPv6 enabled “6LoWPAN” protocol. The advantage of using this protocol for the tado° wireless network, instead of Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 GHz), is the extremely low power consumption combined with superior range inside buildings and through walls. Our tests in conventional residential housing readily achieved coverage of 2- and 3-storey dwellings. The actual range is naturally dependant on the construction of the particular building in question and may differ from the test results.
- What is the maximum number of tado° devices I can add to one account?
- What new Features are planned? What is on the Development Roadmap?
- What steps can I take to prolong the lifetime of the batteries for my Smart Thermostat or Smart Radiator Thermostat?
- I have a Smart Thermostat and an Extension Kit and/or Smart Radiator Thermostats installed and the app shows that there is no remote access. What does it mean and how can it be resolved?
- Why is there a time delay between a command given to tado°, and the heating reacting?