When the Smart AC Control has no Wi-Fi configuration, a unique 4-digit code (XXXX) will be shown on its display.
It creates a wireless access point with the name tadoXXXX. Once this is shown, your Smart AC Control V3+ is ready to receive new Wi-Fi credentials.
If you're not able to connect the Smart AC Control to Wi-Fi, please follow these steps:
- Delete the Wi-Fi credentials of your Smart AC Control by following the steps given in this article.
- Once you see the unique 4-digit code on the Smart AC Control’s display, unplug the device from the power supply. Wait for two minutes and plug it back in to restart the device.
- If you're using a phone or tablet, please make sure that your mobile data is disabled. This will ensure that your phone or tablet connects only to the tado° wireless access point.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your PC, laptop, Android phone or tablet. Once in the Wi-Fi settings menu, connect to the wireless access point displayed as “tado” followed by the 4-digit code that was shown on your Smart AC Control.
- Open a web browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. On the web page that appears, enter your Wi-Fi network's name (in the SSID field) and password. Once you submit this information, the Smart AC Control closes the session to connect to the Wi-Fi.
If the Smart AC Control was already installed in your tado° Home, no further action is needed.
If you’re installing the Smart AC Control for the first time, you’ll see the wrench symbol on its display and you can continue your installation in the tado° app.
If the Smart AC Control fails to join the Wi-Fi network, the display will show the unique 4-digit code again and the device will enter the access point mode. If this happens, please double-check if the Wi-Fi network and password you have entered are correct.
If you need further help, you can contact our Technical Support team specifying the exact error you see on the screen (if relevant) and the step in the above process you were facing issues with.