Besides our article on how to save money with tado°, here are some more practical tips that you can apply to further reduce your energy consumption while maintaining a comfortable temperature at home.
- Getting your heating system serviced once a year will keep your heating system running efficiently.
- Install double-glazing into your windows and doors to prevent thermal dissipation.
- Insulate your walls to avoid heat dissipation.
- Bleed the air from your radiators to keep your heating system working as efficiently as possible. You can hear that air is in the radiators when the pipes are rustling.
- Ventilate your house by opening doors/windows fully for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Houseplants can save you energy because they increase the humidity. This will increase comfort and prevents you from putting the heating too high.
- Keeping the area in front of your radiators clear (approximately 20 inches) allows your radiators to get the warmth into the room more easily.
- Decrease the temperature in your house by one degree to save about 6% on your heating costs.
- Close hatches or curtains at night so that the warm air won’t escape as fast.
Did you already know about the following tado° features that help you save?
- tado° Early Start heats your house in the morning and the location based control when you’re going back home. This way you don’t have to keep your heating on during the night or when you’re away to have a comfortable temperature when you need it.
- Our Smart Radiator Thermostats are ideal for dividing your home into different zones so that you only heat in the rooms where it is actually necessary.