Besides our article on how to save money with tado°, here are some more practical tips that you can apply to further reduce your energy consumption while maintaining a comfortable temperature at home.
- Getting your heating system serviced once a year will keep your heating system running efficiently.
- Install double-glazing into your windows and doors to prevent thermal dissipation.
- Insulate your walls to avoid heat dissipation.
- Bleed the air from your radiators to keep your heating system working as efficiently as possible. You can hear that air is in the radiators when the pipes are rustling.
- Ventilate your house by opening doors/windows fully for no longer than 5 minutes.
- Houseplants can save you energy because they increase the humidity. This will increase comfort and prevents you from putting the heating too high.
- Keeping the area in front of your radiators clear (approximately 20 inches) allows your radiators to get the warmth into the room more easily.
- Decrease the temperature in your house by one degree to save about 6% on your heating costs.
- Close hatches or curtains at night so that the warm air won’t escape as fast.
Did you already know about the following tado° features that help you save?
- tado° Early Start heats your house in the morning and the location-based control when you’re going back home. This way you don’t have to keep your heating on during the night or when you’re away to have a comfortable temperature when you need it.
- Our Smart Radiator Thermostats are ideal for dividing your home into different rooms so that you only heat in the spaces where it is actually necessary.