Note: In case you have already entered Wi-Fi credentials you will have to delete these first.
When scanning for a local Wi-Fi network, the Smart AC Control shows the radar animation. Once the scan is completed, the device creates a wireless access point with the name “tadoXXXX”, wherein XXXX are the 4 digits shown on the display of the Smart AC Control.
When the four digits are shown on the display, your Smart AC Control is ready to receive new Wi-Fi credentials.
You can transmit them easily using the tado° app the device was connected to previously. Just follow these instructions:
- Open the app and navigate to the settings.
- Open the zone settings of the zone where the Smart AC Control was located
- Here tap the “Reset Wi-Fi Credentials” button and follow the instructions
Alternatively, you can configure the credentials using a normal web browser when being connected to the access point provided by the Smart AC Control.
- Connect to this Wi-Fi network using your PC, Laptop, smartphone or tablet. Please note that mobile devices need their mobile data disabled at this point to make sure that the access point is used for data traffic exclusively.
- In a web browser, enter the following in the address bar: http://192.168.1.1 On the webpage enter your Wi-Fi network name and password. Submitting this information refreshes the form and blanks the fields - and causes the Smart AC Control to reconnect.
In case it fails to join the network, the Smart AC Control will re-enter the access point mode, allowing re-connecting. If this happens, please double check the Wi-Fi password you have entered is correct.