The Internet connection at your Home is temporarily interrupted
The most common cause for “no remote access” is a temporary issue with the Internet connection in your Home which usually resolves itself. You can learn more about this in our article: What happens when the Internet connection is temporarily lost?
If the Internet disconnection persists, please check that your router is powered and if so then reset the router.
The Gateway cannot establish a connection to the tado° server
The Box cannot establish a connection to the Gateway
The temperature sensor cannot establish a connection to the tado° Box
When both the tado° Box and the tado° Gateway are operating normally but the app is still reporting that it has no remote access it could mean that the connection to the temperature sensor is lost.
To reconnect the sensor, please follow the instructions below:
- Charge the temperature sensor for at least 30 minutes by connecting a power adapter with a micro USB cable to the port on the bottom of the device. You can use any micro USB cable and USB power adapter (charger). You can also use a USB port of your computer but keep in mind that charging will take longer.
- After 30 minutes unplug the cable and use a paperclip or needle to push one end into the reset pinhole on the right side of the temperature sensor. The reset pinhole is the hole without the circle around it.
- After resetting the temperature sensor, a green LED should start flashing on the right side of the temperature sensor.
- After the temperature sensor has reconnected, please reconnect the power adapter and micro USB cable and charge the temperature sensor for an additional 12 hours.
To reduce the likelihood of further disconnections in the future please check the following:
- Make sure there are at least 3 metres between the tado° Box and the temperature sensor.
- Try to locate the temperature sensor in a place where it has the best possible chance to communicate with the tado° Box, with as few metal obstructions as possible in between the devices.
- If you are planning to be away from home for a longer period of time it is advisable to charge the temperature sensor beforehand to make sure there is enough charge.
If you are still unable to get remote access, please contact our Technical Support Team.