When installing an additional tado° Smart Thermostat, you can set it up in a way that it can control your heating best.
If you are not sure which of the suggested setups is best for your new device, you can find this out with the test given below:
- Go to the Home Screen of your tado° app.
- Turn the heating off for all tado° rooms manually either via the app or directly on the devices.
- Next, turn the heating on only in the room in which you are installing the new Smart Thermostat. Make sure that you choose a target temperature that is higher than the current temperature in this room. Wait for about 30 minutes and check if the new room gets warm. If the room gets warm, this means that this room is heated independently of your other tado° devices. The ideal setting for this room would be that the new Smart Thermostat controls the heating here on its own.
- If the room doesn’t get warm, turn the heating on in your other tado° rooms. Make sure that you choose target temperatures that are higher than the current room temperatures. Wait for about 30 minutes and check again if the room with the new tado° device is getting heated. If it gets warm now, this means that the heating for this room is made available by one of your existing tado° devices. The ideal setting for this room would be that the new Smart Thermostat controls the heating here by communicating with your existing tado° devices.
- After the test, end Manual Control for all your rooms in the app to restore their original settings. Now you can resume the installation process and choose the best option while setting up your new device.